Bethel provides several programs for children from birth to sixth grade:
Nursery/Toddler Care (6 weeks - 24 months)
Bethel’s nursery is available during both Sunday morning services for children from 6 weeks to 24 months of age. Nursery care is also available for some other church events. See the nursery guidelines, illness policy, and nursery volunteer descriptions for more information. If you are interested in volunteering in the nursery or have questions about the nursery, please contact Jane Dickey the Nursery Director
Children's Church (2-4 year olds) 9:15 am
Children’s Church is a class in room 107 for 2-4 year olds that takes place during our 9:15 am worship service. In Children’s Church your child will fellowship with other children and learn basic Biblical teachings and principles through activities and stories.
Children's Sunday School (2 year olds-6th grade) 11:00 AM
Children’s Sunday School is for 2 year olds - 6th grade, during our 11:00 am worship service.
"Northern Lights" is our Sunday School program for children 2 years through 6th Grade. Our desire is to be a support to parents by offering a dynamic ministry to their children. Our goal is to help children learn about God, develop a relationship with Him, and walk in His ways.
Northern Lights strives to:
- Provide a safe, accepting environment where all children feel loved and valued.
- Partner with parents in the spiritual nurturing of their children.
- Provide caring quality leaders whose lives model the lessons they teach.
- Reach out to children with God’s love and teach them God’s truth.
- Build a strong biblical foundation in an exciting, experiential, and relevant way.
- Help children gain a Christian perspective as they work through issues they face at home, at school, and with friends.
- Encourage children to be a light in Fairbanks and show the way to God with their words and actions.
For more information on any of these programs please contact Becky George at
AWANA at Bethel Church Fairbanks is an outreach program which includes scripture memorization, Bible stories, Bible truths, and games.